Saturday, June 20, 2015

Amazing ignorance in the news today

I'm a kind of a news junkie, I like reading the news.  I generally find it pretty funny, the things people do that make almost no sense to me.

The uncle of the wacko accused of shooting up the church wants to be the one to execute his nephew.  With such a "loving" family I have no doubt why the nut case hated the world.  I suppose I could be wrong, there is evidence that fetal biology causes predispositions for violent and erratic behavior, those are predispositions though.....

In an incredible example of the application of one of the most sacred legal principles in the United States, presumption of innocence, the Governor of South Carolina is insisting on the death penalty for the wacko accused of shooting up the church.  Isn't it wonderful to live in a nation where we say one thing and do another?  Hypocrisy in action!  So glad to live in a nation where the concept of being innocent before being proved guilty in a court of law is such a highly esteemed legal principle that it is effectively and publicly ignored!  Let's have a quick trial followed by a swift execution!

You know, the United States could drop the hypocritical pretense and just admit we live in a totalitarian police state, even if we have nominally democratic elections.  The rest of the world knows it already, why we live in pretense I will never know.

In an effort to decrease the supply and increase the demand for, and profitability of, illegal ivory, U.S. Customs is crushing illegal ivory in the belief that they will, somehow, decrease the demand for illegal ivory.  Personally, I don't see that working any more than burning up; drugs has worked.  The economic law of supply and demand tells us that as supply decreases, demand  increases and the price increases.

And people wonder why I am amazed at ignorance.

No comments: